Support Space is our FREE monthly support group for family and friends of Recovered Living clients.
Who is there for you?
Eating disorder support can be hard enough to come by for the individual, let alone for the people who are going through this process alongside them.
Common themes we hear from family and friends are:
- I don't want to do the wrong thing...
- How do I support her/him but not be the food police?
- I want to be there for them in their recovery but how do I do that AND respect their privacy?
- What should I do when...?
- What do I say if...?
- Why don't they just eat?
- Am I to blame?
- At what point is it ok to stop worrying?
We recognize the significant contribution you make towards your loved one's recovery and that you need support too. For this reason, Recovered Living has created a FREE family and friends online coaching group, principally run by the founder and director of Recovered Living, Kristie Amadio..
Once your loved one has been a client of Recovered Living, you are always welcome to our group!
Spaces are limited, book now to reserve your place.
Support Space is a place to:
- Get coaching on how you can best assist your person in their recovery from an eating disorder.
- Get the personal support you need.
- Ask and answer questions of other parents & loved one's.
- Connect with a community of people who understand, because they are in your shoes too.
- Set your own goals, celebrate your achievements and plan for the future.
- Give and receive validation, recognition and reassurance.
- Is a place just for you.
Support Space is not:
- To be used as a replacement for personal therapy.
- The place to talk about your loved ones personal challenges. Support Space is about you - and your success and struggles as you walk alongside someone in their recovery.
- For your loved one. It is for you.
We look forward to seeing you there!
FREE for parents and friends6:00 - 7:00pm
1st week of every month
California, Pacific Standard TimeDates below.
Jan: Sat 6th
Feb: Tue 6th
Mar: Thu 1st
Apr: Fri 6th
May: Tue 1st
Jun: Mon 4th
Jul: Sun 1st
Aug: Thu 2nd
Sep: Sat 1st
Oct: Mon 1st
Nov: Thu 1st
Dec: Sun 2nd
"Our daughter’s recovery has two distinct sides: before she found Recovered Living and after she found Recovered Living.
It still makes me very sad when I recall what recovery was like for our daughter before she started with Recovered Living. From a parent’s perspective, this is the life-line we had been hoping and hunting for but had almost given up finding."
T. B. South Island, New Zealand
An Eating Disorder does not just affect one person in the family.
It affects every person in the family.
Recovery Coaching is for you too!
A Recovery Coach will work with you individually, or together with your loved one, to:
- Troubleshoot difficulties during the recovery process such as relationship challenges around trust and autonomy.
- Work through mealtime issues including grocery shopping, preparation and eating, as well as important events or holidays.
- Set goals for yourself in relation to your position as a support person, and help you be accountable to them.
- Provide you a space that is uniquely yours to process your own thoughts and feelings during this time.
As a parent you cannot:
- Make your person recover...or make them want to recover.
- Do recovery for them.
- Accept behavior that violates your boundaries.
As a parent/loved one you can:
- Educate yourself.
- Take care of yourself.
- Talk about it.
Recovery Coaching for Family & Friends - Book Here
Worldwide via Videoconferencing:
Want to meet with a Recovery Coach first?
Book here for a free video call, to meet with a Recovered Living Coach.
Want to join in on an individual cooking, meal, recovery or snack session?
Provided your loved one agrees, you can absolutely be a part of their individual sessions free of charge. Let us know when they book, and we look forward to helping you have a new
Recovery Coaching for Family & Friends
Online or face-to-face